Many thanks to…
Thank you to the following individuals and organizations who provided
support this year and helped to make HCLN programs and this book
- All of those who find their way to HCLN programs to learn and put your
faith in us to help you. We exist because of your commitment to improving
your skills and we will continue to do our best to help you reach your goals.
- HCLN Program Coordinators who face the many challenges of their
jobs with humour, grace and seemingly endless energy: Jennifer Peach, Laura
Channon, Linda Oakley and Shirin MalekAhmedi, your dedication to your
students is inspirational.
- Literacy Educator Avril Lewis, who has worked in various positions in
community literacy, most recently by providing tutor training to new volunteers
and delivering workshops as part of the Reading Together Spryfield Family
Literacy Project through HCLN. There is little that happens at HCLN that
Avril does not become involved with and her experience and flexibility are
very much appreciated.
- Veronica McNeil, Coordinator of the Reading Together Project, who
juggled the demands of two family literacy endeavours that had her on the
road from the Eastern Shore to Spryfield, and who helped to build excellent
community connections between HCLN and other service providers.
- HCLN volunteers: tutors, board members and all of those who share
their expertise and enthusiasm for literacy. A thousand thank yous!
Jenni Blackmore for sharing her stories, ideas and passion for writing with
all of us at HCLN.
- Nova Scotia School for Adult Learning, Department of Labour &
Workforce Development and in particular, Adult Education Coordinator
Lynne Wells-Orchard for her commitment to lifelong learning.