- Literacy Nova Scotia for their support literacy groups and learners
through PGI grants, Literacy Action Week events, professional development
workshops and much more. Thanks Jayne, Heather and Marie for all your
- Anne Marie Downie, Executive Director of Literacy Nova Scotia, a
passionate advocate for the cause of literacy and a friend to HCLN.
- Advancing Learning Technologies Project (http://alt.ns.literacy.ca/) and
in particular Jane MacDonald who traveled throughout Nova Scotia teaching
computer skills to those who work or study in adult learning programs.
- The National Adult Literacy Database (www.nald.ca) for their all their
work to support community literacy groups and adult learners, and in
particular Tracy Hine, Lorette Chiasson and Earl Letts.
- Halifax Public Libraries, our most excellent community partner that
provides us with program space, staff support and much more. A special
thank you to the following friends of HCLN: Tracey Jones, Sandy Crocker,
Troy Myers, Dorothy Minaker, Marlene Fitch, Ella Leving, Scott Taylor,
Helen Thexton, Ron Bulmer, Gail Tattrie, Kristina Parlee, Sarah Gillis, and
- Options Work Activity and the Halifax Regional Development Association
for their support of the Lady Hammond Learning Program
- Adult Learning Knowledge Centre, for their support of the Tutor
Learning Circles Project which produced an excellent resource for volunteer
- Bedford-Sackville Literacy Network, Dartmouth Learning Network,
Western HRM Community Learning Network, Preston Area Skills Society,
Cunard Centre and Eastern Shore - Musquodobit Valley Literacy Network.
- Rotary Club of Halifax for their help with various projects such as the
book sale and their very generous donation to the printing of the Ready Set